Thursday, July 15, 2010

Working With Wire



A few months ago I started taking classes in wire work with a wonderful artist, Penny Cox. Penny is a jeweler who makes the most incredible jewelry ~ each one is a work of art. The fact that she agreed to give me private lessons really made my day (and month and year). Eventually, I will do a feature on Penny.

For now I want to say that through all the ups and downs of bending, curling and twisting wire, I have come to love it. So far our work has been with copper wire, which is the cheapest to learn with, but I can't wait to get my hands on some silver (soon....). I did wrapped loops till I thought my eyes were going to fall out, and then I did spirals ~ oh, they were fun, and so pretty. Now I have just finished my very first necklace where the beads are connected only with wire, rather than Beadalon or Soft Flex. I thought it looked warbly, but I have gotten so many lovely comments after posting pictures in some of the forums I belong to that I decided to share "Santa Fe Afternoon" with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online