Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Have a Heart













For about 15 years, it has been part of my holiday tradition to have quilted hearts. I have a bunch for fall, and another bunch for winter. I put them in bowls, tuck them into nooks and crannies, and at Christmas, hang them on my tree. The heart is so symbolic ~ it speaks of love, comfort, home. And every year when I take my Christmas decorations down, I have this kind of sad feeling, because now my house will not be dressed up any more, and it will be grey and blah. I have been wanting to make winter hearts for years, but the lack of a sewing machine kept me from doing it. To take an hour to do something I could do in 5 minutes on a sewing machine just put me off. This year I didn't care. I have been making oodles of Winter hearts ... to celebrate Winter ... blue and white, white on white, different sizes. And this year when I take my Christmas decorations down I will have Winter hearts to put around. In fact, I'm going to leave my tree up and put Winter hearts on our Winter Tree ! I've included some pictures of my Christmas hearts and my Winter hearts for those who want to see them.


7 comments:

  1. Love the hearts, great idea and they are very pretty. Loved seeing a picture of Pepper also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are GREAT! Blue is my favorite color and that group really speaks to me but all your quilted goodies are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hearts, Rae! They look so pretty in a collection like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Rae! Thanks so much for sharing these. You were definitely worth the time--whether it was an hour or five minutes. I can tell these lovelies will add cheer to your home long past Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hearts are so pretty, Linda, with all the different colors and patterns! They are truly handmade with all that hand stitching. You will love having some out all winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts are really special. I bet your house looks wonderful with them year round. I like the idea of a winter tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Linda! Wow, these must have taken you a lot of time with hand stitching. Really special, reminds me of prims, which I dearly love. I love the blues, 'specially

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online