Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring










Today is the first day of Spring. Here in Lowell, Massachusetts, it's still grey, cold and wintery ... all the more reason to finally put my Spring Heart Tree up. For those who are not familiar with the origin of my seasonal trees, the impetus began over a decade ago. I always loved to play dress ups with my house at Christmas, and along with the tree, which had a few quilted hearts on it, I also had hearts scattered around the house ... in bowls, on shelves, and in nooks and crannies. But when I took the Christmas decorations down, I would inevitable get a let down. Not only was my house no longer dressed up, but outside the weather was grey and blah. For years I thought I should make some Winter Hearts, but was deterred by my lack of a sewing machine. For some reason, this year, nothing got in the way, and I happily made Winter Hearts by hand. For anyone who wants to see the Winter Heart Tree, scroll down a bit and you'll see it.


I'm in love with my Spring Heart Tree. The colors and the feeling of Spring really make me feel as if I am welcoming the new season with all of my heart.

7 comments:

  1. I love it.... You are like me, in that taking Christmas decorations kind of depress you, so why not decorate for winter which is what I do! I leave all of my white and silver vintage and new snowflakes up in the windows. It cheers me up just like your heart tree does to you. You're pretty brave to attempt sewing all of them by hand! But it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your Spring tree turned out so pretty, what a wonderful idea. It makes me smile and happy to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Spring! Linda all your little Spring hearts are so cheery and bright! I love your choice of fabric and color :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty spring colors! Nice way to chase away the last winter clouds =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cheerful sight! gorgeous little hearts, I think it's a fabulous idea!
    keeps away the winter doldrums, lol!
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your spring heart tree. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online