Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Visual Art ... ACEOs





In addition to being a jewelry maker, I am a visual artist. After training with a BFA in painting from Virginia Commonwealth University my work has been shown in galleries throughout the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, Virginia, New York, Oregon, Idaho and New Mexico.

Currently I am working with what I thought was a new format called ACEO. ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches. Artists trade them, sell them, make prints and make and sell the prints. For more information on the history of ACEOs, visit Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACEO

I am working on a collection of four ACEOs; the theme is creation and the origin of the four sacred elements: fire, water, earth and air. These elements have been a recurring theme in the majority of my visual painting, drawing and mixed media art. They each have associations such as for fire: birth, illumination, power, and more. They are done in colored pencil. I will continue to share this collection as I work on it and welcome all comments.

1 comment:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online